Saturday 18 July 2009

Emmanuel Adebayor has denied categorically that he has moved to City for the money.


Instead it's history, medals and glory that he will be seeking in his five years with Mark Hughes’ side.

The Togo ace knows that he is likely to be labelled greedy in some sections of the media but is more than ready to fight his corner.

“People who think that I have joined City for the money are wrong,” he asserted. “If I had made a move for that reason then I would have been playing for Barcelona or Milan last season. They gave me bigger offers than Arsenal did for me to stay.

“I am here because I was impressed by the way the chairman at City spoke to me about the ambition of this club. I want to be part of a club that is aiming to be one of the biggest in the world.”

Adebayor, who will join up with his Blues teammates early next week, is adamant that he the Blues can bust into the top four sooner rather than later.

“Why can’t we do that this season,” he asked. “We have everything we need. Now is better than in two or three years.

“The chairman and everyone at City want this club to be one of the best in the world. We will fight to be that. I want to win silverware and trophies. That is my ambition. The team has got quality and a manager who knows what he wants and is a nice guy.

“I want to show how I can help. Everyone at the club has shown me great respect and how they want to build something. I have a lot of ambition and want to be part of the City family. I know I have a lot to offer the team and I will work hard to make sure I help them.

“I am happy and pleased to be here when you sign for a new club you just want to feel at home as quickly as possible and I do. The fans were amazing to me when I arrived.”

No comments:

Post a Comment